Edema is a medical condition characterised by a accumulation of fluid within the tissues in the body. It is common in pregnant women because during pregnancy, women retain more water. Edema is mostly experienced in the hands, legs, ankles, feet and face. country style of the maid for the brides
It may begin around the 5th month of pregnancy and may increase due to various factors.
HOW TO PREVENT OR MANAGE EDEMA AT HOME DURING PREGNANCY.
1. Rest your feet as often as possible by elevating your feet while resting.
2. Drink plenty of water and other fluids during the day.( Not less than 8 cups of water a day).
3. Reduce or avoid salt intake.
4. Stay in cool environments.
5. Avoid tight clothing, especially around your lower extremities.
6. Take balance diet and take more fruits and vegetables.
7. Do exercise regularly.
8. Avoid warm environments.
9. Use cold compresses on swollen areas.
NOTE: If the edema is serious, you have to Consult your doctor immediately who may treat it based on the underlying cause.